Saturday, September 8, 2012

a saturday scrapbook page






Today's scrapbook adventure was inspired by something I read on a blog this week, and this wonderful picture I snapped as I was leaving the library yesterday. I love macro shots for giving a photo focal point and blurring the background a bit!

The other thing I like to do when I'm mixing letter stickers is to make the text that's different into a message that can be read on its own. So if just the green sparkly letters catch someone's eye, "Make Life Big" is a one message. If you take the time to read the whole phrase, then you'll see the whole quote, "It's the little things that make life big." It can help to make longer titles easier to process I think. 

Otherwise a pretty simple page. I'm really trying to do pages that focus the eye on the picture, although in this case the title was probably just as important, so I've been keeping my backgrounds simpler (or trying to anyway).



No comments:

Post a Comment