Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Posting got away from me over the holiday weekend ... much like exercising, and eating sensibly! But I've got thoughts scrabbling around in my head so I ought to do something with them.

I am feeling a pull to start (or re-start depending on how you look at it) doing morning pages. Except actually doing them first thing in the morning. I've never been able to pull this off because I am emphatically NOT a morning person. But I somehow think that if I'm going to keep up this blogging thing, I'm going to need fodder for what to talk about. That's been a big part of my failure to keep blogging in the past. But if I have a couple pages of thoughts down on paper first thing then maybe I can grab on to stuff to talk about.

I mean, my life is just not that exciting. But what was that phrase I saw this morning ... "It's the little moments that make life big." I'm working on believing that. I mean, I've been doing Project Life for two years. Little snippets of my daily life are worth remembering and documenting!

So we'll see. I am not often all that coherent when I wake up so I'm not sure how that writing first thing in the morning would work. The one other time I tried it, it was NOT a success. But its all about change around here lately, so maybe its something to try. Or at least its a good thing to think about.

If nothing else, there is value in sitting down in front of a piece of paper and thinking about what I want this blog space to be. That. I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment