Thursday, September 20, 2012

Friends, I have a little problem. I'm addicted to Shimelle's scrapbooking videos! I watched yesterday's Glitter Girl episode on embellishment clusters twice yesterday!

But it did inspire me to go home and make a layout with said embellishment clusters. Actually I think there's maybe one too many clusters on this layout. The one at the top near the journaling is a lot and maybe the page would be cleaner without it. But it does help to point out the start of the journaling so it's okay. And frankly once you make these kinds of clusters its ... well ... addicting. I have a ton of scraps on my work table right now. I really want to get in there this weekend and make a bunch of embellishment clusters and cards out of them. Even aside from perking up scrapbook layouts there's an awesome way to use up the little bits that are taking over my table!!

So, the layout. I took this picture on my way to my car at the end of a long hard work day. I love taking pictures of my feet, and when the word STORM caught my eye, it seemed a perfect capturing of my day. So it relates to a layout about how busy I am at work lately, even if not in the most obvious way.


There might have been a better organization for the page in order to keep the squirrel and tie it into the embellishment clusters, but it was tough to do that and cover up the little hedgehog on that's underneath the bottom left cluster of embellisments, so I just went with it.


I love the combination of the glittery die cut mixed up with some Studio Calico die cuts and some junk off my work table. Ten layers in an embellishment ... Yikes! But I think it works.


I realized later this needs a little peek of green to tie it back to the main cluster. Maybe I'll go back and pop a green butterfly onto that brown circle.


Crazy Busy all right. Both the page and the subject of the page! But I like it. And I love making embellishment clusters. Now to find that time in my work room!

No comments:

Post a Comment